Here at St John’s we have a huge amount of children & youth work for you and your family to get involved with! We believe that children & young people are just as important a part of the church family as anyone else. We want to see the children & young people at St John’s creating and building their own personal relationship with God. We do this in a number of fun and creative ways in groups throughout the week.
The Children, Youth & Families work here is headed up by Barbara Lang (Children and Families Worker) & Barbara Wilson (Associate Minister), you can find out more about them on our staff page. There are also a huge number of dedicated and passionate volunteers at St John’s that are part of the team, and we’re very grateful to all of them!
Here are the groups that we run from children, families & young people throughout a ‘normal’ week i.e. during school term time:
- Monday to Friday 9:15am -12:15pm Happy Hands PreSchool (For children aged 2 to school age)
- Tuesday 6pm – 7:30pm Level 2 (For children in Years 3 – 6)
- Wednesday 9:30am – 11:15am Chatterbox (For toddlers to aged 3 with parents/carers)
- Wednesday 6.30pm – 8.30pm Drop-in Youth Group (For Years 10-12)
- Thursday 9:30am – 11:15am Chatterbox (For toddlers to aged 3 with parents/carers)
- Thursday 1.30pm-3.00pm Acorns (for children aged 3 to 5 with parents/carers)
- Thursday 5.30pm – 6.45pm Level 1 (For children Reception – Year 2)
- Thursday 7:15pm – 9:00pm Level 3 (For young people in Year 7 -9)
- Sunday 10:30am Sunday Groups (For all children & young people)